Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a logottica Account we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password).
- Log information – When you access logottica, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to logottica, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve logottica.
- Links – logottica may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
- Improving our site, including the display of customized content;
- Protecting the rights or property of logottica or our users; and
- Developing new services.
logottica processes personal information on servers in the United States of America. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some logottica features may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. You can decline to submit personal information to logottica at registration, in which case you may not be able to access logottica.
logottica only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of logottica in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of logottica, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated non-personal information, such as the number of users, for example, or how many users clicked on particular content. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to logottica employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the site. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use logottica, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is logottica´s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between logottica and an individual.